LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abu Thalha (Law)     15 August 2014

Notaries act

I was appointed a notary of Tamilnadu govt in 2001.  To get an extension of the area, if it falls part in one state and the other part in another state, application need be sent to the Law Min, New Delhi.  As such I have made an application through the PDJ, Chennai long back in 2008 but no response received from the ministry.  Later I contacted notary section over phone and I was advised to submit the application afresh and send it direct to the Ministry .  I complied with.  Even after a couple of years, there is no response even after a number of reminders.  Can a writ will decide the issue in my favour?  Please advise and your advise will be of much help to me.

Learning

3 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     15 August 2014

very simple you can verify over RTI application, you can question any thing.

1 Like

Abu Thalha (Law)     16 August 2014

Thanks for your comments.   If we prefer an application under the RTI, they will simply respond the matter is under consideration.  My question is how long they can keep an application under consideration.  What would be the remedy.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 August 2014

You have to obtain the status of application for the same through RTI, let them give a reply, you should  decide further course of action only after seeing their reply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register