Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rinki (software engineer)     19 November 2014

Not ready to release even after serving notice period

Dear Sir,

I have put resignation letter in my current company. As per our compani's policy i have to serve a notice period of maximum 60 days. They have increased my notice period and they telling me to stay one more month. But I have to join another company, so i can not continue. I have requested them to release me after 60 days but they are not ready. They are repeatedly telling me to continue one more month and they are not listening anything. How can an employer can make me stay more than the notice period that they have mentioned in the agreement. Kindly suggest some resolution. I do not want to loose another opportunity. 14 more days of notice period are left. Please suggest???

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 November 2014

Submit a gentle representation addressed to good offices of appointing authority,MD,...(Attach copy of notice of resignation) and mention that you have submitted notice of .....days in line with clause no....I'm appointment letter dated .... issued to you and your last day in office is,accordingly dated...... You have accordingly firmed up your next venture.... and that Mr/Ma....are pressing you to work for additional.... days,although you have time and again expressed in person that you can not work beyond dated...and intervention of good offices is doubtful to relieve you with full honors and gracefully on Dated..and all service related doc's be provided to you by the close of office hours on your last day in office I.e dated... Download each doc/record that shall establish that nothing is pending at your end...and ensure that company shall not succeed in leveling a charge....

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 November 2014

You may demand in writing to supply you acknowledgement and acceptance (both) of notice of resignation and final resignation, confirmation of having served notice period, FnF statement for verification and acceptance by you, salary slips of all months, Form 16 of allyears, PF nnumber and a/c slips of each year, ESICCARD, NOC/NDC,payment of FnF dues by bank DD,Service Certificate, relieving letter... etc within and upto last day in office... and affirm that no tasks are pending at your end......and to whom you should handover the charge against acknowledgement within and upto last day in office..... Download all record that is relevant and useful.... including all policies, Service Rules and regulations etc... It is almost sure that you will not be given relief by HR ETC hence it is suggested that you should address all communication to appointing authority, MD....and consult Employee's unions, trade unions, Labor Law Consultant Service matters lawyer in advance...... and build favorable written record... Firm up with next employer preferably in writing that your current employer us unwilling to supply relieving letter (and all doc's mentioned above) and hence you should be appointed on the basis of copy of resignation only...... Take them in confidence for adverse comments in BGV...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register