LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karthikeyan (manager)     24 April 2015

not making vehicle transfer

I sold my bike on March 8th. The buyer got the papers for ttransfer to my home and paid in full. He said he will do the transfer request in RTO but till date he has not. When ever I call him he say he will do it later and disconnects the call. The vehicle is still in my name and in case something's goes wrong I will be responsible.. I have his voters id copy. What can I do so that if something happens I am not responsible.. Please advice

Learning

6 Replies

sandykrish (Interested in Family LAW)     24 April 2015

Leave him a message that you would lodge the complaint in police station regarding stolen. He will come back and do it quickly.

Thanks for your reply.. I tried that he said no problem as long as he has the signed copies and RC book..

Thanks for your reply.. I tried that he said no problem as long as he has the signed copies and RC book..

He is now threatening me and says you cannot do anything he will drive as long as he wish..

Shunny Nigam (Sales Manager)     18 May 2015

You being seller should have sale document form, transfer is buyer problem and that also has to be done in specific period otherwise again you have to sign sale and transfer document as seller.

The only disadvantage to buyer is that if he failed to transfer vehicle in his name, he can not sell to other, but main problem is if something happen with vehicle the police or court will follow your address and name because its not transfered

Shunny Nigam (Sales Manager)     18 May 2015

You being seller should have sale document form, transfer is buyer problem and that also has to be done in specific period otherwise again you have to sign sale and transfer document as seller.

The only disadvantage to buyer is that if he failed to transfer vehicle in his name, he can not sell to other, but main problem is if something happen with vehicle the police or court will follow your address and name because its not transfered

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register