New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shailaja   02 August 2023

Not lineal heirs property in a single survey dispute

My mother has 3 acres of land and another lady is having 2.31 acres of land but we are in a single survey, and they are not willing to make a division. My mother purchased the land by sale deed from a different person about 35 years back whereas that lady got the land through a Gift deed from her brother. In the gift deed, her brother mentioned the extent as approximately 4 acres and the boundaries are also not correct apart from these there are many mistakes in the Gift deed. We are not lineal heirs. We are short of 25 guntas of land in possession whereas she is over 25 guntas of possession. We want division, they do not allow us to divide. We applied for a pod, separate pods sketch that has been created, but she is not vacating our portion of the land. How to recover our portion of land from her.


 2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     02 August 2023

File a declaration suit contacting an advocate in your area.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 August 2023

File a suit for partition and separate possession of your property purchased by a registered sale deed. 

You can file an application to appoint a commissioner to inspect, measure the properties and to have it demarcated with the help of the revenue records 

There is no necessity for you to beg them, opu can take legal action as per due process of law.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register