LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BR (b)     12 December 2009

Not Getting Refund From Builder - Bangalore


Can anybody help me in this regard. I have booked flat in bangalore in last year 27 Nov 2008.  That time builder told us they will handover the possession in the month on April 2011.

But due to land approval issue. Project is not at all started yet. Due to this reason. I want to cancel my flat. I have send the cancellation request to the builder in the m/o.sept 2009. Build told me, he will returned the money after three months. I am ok with that. But now builder is not giving my money back to me.

I have already paid 1.5 Laks as a booking amout to the builder. 

Please let me, how to proceed against builder.

Will I be able to get a refund?



 6 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     12 December 2009

After serving a legal notice move to the consumer forum and lodge your complaint therein.

Srivatsa.D.Hardar (Advocate)     14 December 2009

you can file a case befor the consumer court, claming refund of the amount along with the compensation





Santosh Sharda (self)     14 December 2009

1) Since you have an acknowledgement from the builder, you can go to a consumer court with the claim for the refund including interest.

2) If the builder happens to be a Limited Company, a very fast procedure would be to file a Winding up petition in the high court (it is on a Rs 100 stamp paper) under the Companies Act, through a lawyer.  The builder will pay immediately.

Santosh Sharda


BR (b)     16 December 2009


Thanks for the response to sharda, raj kumar & Srivatsa.

Can anybody belongs to bangalore. So that I can discuss this matter personaly and file the case again builder.

If you know anybody in banglore, who has solved the property matter. Please provide me the details. I want to file a case through consumer forum.




Dr.Anjani Kumar Vaidyasen,09431271130,Patna (Corporate affairs Taxation and Law Consultants Advocate)     20 December 2009

Yes,Ihave my friends at Banglore who can manage them self to help you in the matter.Please contact the professional:-

Sailja Gudia-09886358022


Please refer my name Dr.Anjani Kumar from Patna T-3 Group member At New Delhi and convey my massages and get me call back-09431271130.


namrata (self)     06 April 2010

Hi Br,


Even we are facing same problem. Builder is not returning our money after cancellation.


Can you tell me what steps you followed and where you successful in getting our money back. Also which lawyer etc you contacted?




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query