LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivas (.)     12 May 2017

Not getting divorce decree copy

Sir, Wife filed divorce under 13 1(ia)(ib) and I filed counter for Divorce denying all her allegations after that I didnt attend in the court. Last month family court granted Divorce to wife and pass the orders. Later I contacted my lawyer for Divorce Decree cerified copy and also I paid his fees completly after Divorce orders passed. Now almost One month completed but my lawyer keeps on telling that the Divorce Decree copy is not ready and its pending in Court. Its too far( 2000km)  me to go check in court. 

1) Please advise how to proceed with this.
2) Wife filed Divorce and got Divorce,Is it possible to me to go for second marriage with Divorce orders and without Divorce Decree copy because wife taken Divorce.Please advise.

Thanks a lot for ur time and quick response.


 4 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     12 May 2017

you have to believe your counsel

Sachin (N.A)     12 May 2017

Sometimes there can be delay from court side or may be your lawyer is not interested in doing his work as he already got his fees.Better to appoint a junior lawyer and pay him intial fees and balance payment after getting divorce decree.

Yes, you can remarry without having divorce decree as your wife herself applied for divorce she has no right to file appeal against the divorce 

stanley (Freedom)     12 May 2017

From which state are you from . check the website of that particular state along with your case no and year of filing. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 May 2017

Browse the website for knowing the case status and relevant documents to down load. www.ecourts.gov.in/

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads