New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rani Kumar (Home maker)     21 February 2020

Not able to receive lawyer notice

I was told by my parents that I received a lawyer notice to my permanent address. Now that I live in a different city since a year due to my job I am not able to personally receive it and the post man refused to deliver it to my parents. What should I do now? Just going there to receive a unknown notice would cost me a lot of time and money.


 3 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     21 February 2020

Your parents may provide yur latest address to the postman who shall deliver notice back to the court mentioning therein your present address and the court shall delivere fresh notice at your current address so you need not to go to collect the notice.

1 Like

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     21 February 2020

Sorry! Notice was from lawyer so lawyer shall send you fresh notice.

1 Like

Shashi Dhara   21 February 2020

Y you worry about it the advocate has to worry about it to serve notice.evade it for another few months .
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register