LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nirmala Negi   29 September 2019

not able to put cctv camera in my terrace

not able to put cctv camera in my terrace bcoz of not supporting of police against my neighbour harassment

Learning

1 Replies

Chikita Malhotra   21 February 2020

Hello, CCTV helps to cover or record details about the individual person. CCTV is also governed by Data Protection Act, 2002 and it is also called as 'personal data'. Data Protection Act create obligations on organisation or businesses, it also create few obligation on right to access to their personal data, to claim compensation for damage or distress & etc. In india lots of people stay in flats or duplex and maintain relationship with their neighbours. In this scenario you can put CCTV camera on your terrace for safety purposes. Section 268 of Indian penal code defines nuisance it means a nuisance can't be excused on the ground that it was caused due to some advantage. Nuisance is kind of harassment faced by neighbours and we can file complaint under section 268 of Indian Penal Code in the court before magistrate. Nuisance can be of various kinds: Nuisance through mischief Nuisance through trepass. Punishment of nuisance is defined under section 290 of Indian Penal Code which states that Rs. 200 fine and more. CCTV is important part of every residence which be your privacy you to take action against them. Article 21 of Constitution of India states that everyone has to right to life with dignity and personal liberty. You can put CCTV camera in your terrace which able to cover your premises and street. But you should also keep in mind it should not infringe others privacy. Regards, Chikita Malhotra.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More