LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sushil kumar   13 October 2020

Not able to pay credit cards bills

Hi everyone,I had 4 credit cards. Limit of all the cards have been exhausted and I am not able to pay for any card since December 2019. Now HDFC Bank has sent me an email that they will file a summary suit order 37 if I don't pay. Total outstanding for HDFC card is 165000 however the limit is 115000 What could be the worst case scenario on this issue. I literally have nothing to pay.

Learning

8 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 October 2020

Members can not foretell but going to Jail if a criminal case is established for cheating or entrusting the recovery to outside agents who can even extract Oil from sand etc.may be some ways of recovery.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     14 October 2020

Let them file the case ,you eed to contest the case may be you get some relief from court for payments in installment. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 October 2020

The worst scenario is that the suit would be decreed with interest and cost. However, the court will not allow exorbitant interest, but much lesser, may be 6%. Subsequently, the Bank need to take steps to execute the decree. At that stage, the bank can seek that you may be kept in civil prison or the property and assets which belong to you be attached. Naturally, it is bound to be a long drawn out process.

Sushil kumar   14 October 2020

Thank you P.Venu for your thoughts. My father debared me from the property in year 2015. It was also published in a newspaper. I have nothing on my name. I lost my father in January 2020. What if I literally have nothing to pay? I haven't given any cheque to anyone hence I think bank can't file a criminal suit against me.  I need time to settle my cards. Yesterday, I got an email from one of the lawyer asking me to clear the dues in 7 days else they will file a summary suite order 37 against me.  What can I do?

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 October 2020

You can give a simple reply to the lawyer's notice seeking time.

Your father's action is no consequence. You are legal heir to the his property, if any, left interstate. Such property could be attached by the Bank.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     14 October 2020

Originally posted by : Sushil kumar
Hi everyone,I had 4 credit cards. Limit of all the cards have been exhausted and I am not able to pay for any card since December 2019. Now HDFC Bank has sent me an email that they will file a summary suit order 37 if I don't pay. Total outstanding for HDFC card is 165000 however the limit is 115000 What could be the worst case scenario on this issue. I literally have nothing to pay.

1. WAIT for the Bank to initiate Prosecution against you ....  more so since you CANNOT enjoy at the cost of Bank or others.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

1 Like

merlinmanroe   30 October 2020

In planning and building the learning names application – a patent forthcoming framework to oversee and follow aptitudes, I am speedy to show how all the highlights work (evidence of idea). reskill (I think) a significant number of the recordings are incredible in indicating the usefulness yet probably won't appear to be precise in their application.

Sushil kumar   30 October 2020

Please do not spam. Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register