LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rupesh (properiotor)     02 February 2010

Non- surrender of Shops and establishment licence

i had closed my workshop in 2006 and have rented the premises . 3 days ago licence inspector gave a notice to me that i would be summoned and a warrent would be issued if i do not pay their fees with penalty.he worked out the amount about 85000. the renual licence fee in 2006  was about 2400. i have an area of 1200 sq feet in andheri (E).

the inspector is ready to settle the matter in 25000 . kindly guide me.

Learning

3 Replies

Sarjooram Sharma (Assistant Labour commissioner)     02 February 2010

In the matter of Goverment revenue there is no settlement. You should have surrendered your license the shop was closed. However, please contact the Deputy Labour Commissioner for sorting out the problem. This is a fee not a tax. If you have not run the shop, I think there should have been no need to charge fee the period when you did not run the shop.

S V Narayanan (Personnel Manager)     02 February 2010

Exactly am agreeing with Sharma ji...only non-compliance you had done was not fulfilling the formalities laid down in the Maharastra Shops & Commercial Establishments Act...probably you could have some legal documents for winding up your business activities at that time and that is engough...please meet DLC and settle the issue...please do not pay single pie in this case...still he insist approach vigiliance department....

Pankaj S. Rana (Assistant Labour Commissioner)     03 February 2010

Well, I do Agree with Mr. S.R. Sharma. Besides this U must talk to inspector that how he is computing Rs. 85,000.00. This is not a pitty amount. U shoild and MUST talk to vigilace dept. if u think that the computation is not correct. If this is a fee how he can settle the things in 25,000.00 Is he kind enough to deposit the balance with his pocket.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register