Upgrad LLM

non registration of fir

If SHO of a police station under whose jurisdiction a cognizable offence takes place refuses to register FIR the prime remedy for relief is to move to respective court u./s 156(3) CrPC. But what action can be taken against that police Officer who refuses as such.? Can he be prosecuted for 'Contempt of Court '?

after getting directions from court under 156(3) SHO is duty bound to register fir and conduct investigations failing which he can definitely be prosecuted. however after conducting investigations he may send a report to court that prima facie no case is made out. regards ASHOK

also you can write comm for action against SHO

We have an injunction order defining our possession in tenancy. Landlord sent goons to evict us and they broke and took away our front door. Police refused to take complaint on pretext of the ongoing civil suit for possession. FIR still not filed despite complaints to Dsp under 154 (3) and to DG and to home minister gujarat and to mr Modi the cm.

Have u heard anything funnier than this before. This happens only in gujarat.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x