LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SK Banta (Admin. Officer)     17 June 2016

Non practicing lawyers

I am registered lawyer in the Bar Council Of Delhi in the year 2008.

Since I was working with a Media Company and remained non practicing lawyer till 2016.

I have received a letter from the Bar Council to submit practicing proof. But I could not do it.

What is my position as Lawyer. Can I practice from to day onword.

What actions do I to take for doing a regular practice in the Court of Law.

Capt. SK Banta


 2 Replies

Aashish George (lawyer)     18 December 2016

well, you need to show proof that you have been in practice by way of how many vakalatnamas you have filed or in how many cases you have appeared, based on that they will renew your registration for practising. you can always file for fresh license and start afresh.

1 Like

Hemant Agarwal ( Mumbai : 9820174108)     07 November 2019

1.  Give an undertaking to the BCI of the facts of situtation declaring that you were not in practice.

2. AFTER a two months, apply afresh for "certificate of practice" by following due procedure of law.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register