LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nitin (j nbgm)     22 March 2011

Non Payment of mobile bill

Can i be legally prosecuted for not paying my outstanding post paid bill Rs.500 of IDEA?

I have recently recieved a notice from some Advocate for Idea Cellular for the non payment of 500 rupees... !! It says I need to pay Rs 500 + Rs. 2000 for expenses inccurred to file the case and 18% on the total amount.. !!

I am ready to pay my bill which is about Rs. 500.
but i don't want to pay the additional charges that they are asking for(Rs. 2000 for expences inccurred to file the case and 18% on the total amount.)

I'd like to ask "Am i really liable for all this amount" ..? "What If I don't pay" .. ? can i be arrested for non payment?
What Next..?


 17 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     22 March 2011

Pay the bill amount immediately.

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     22 March 2011

pay the amount of rs.500/- only at the place where u are paying uselly!

additional charge is not on yr part!

see if then notice comes again and show 500+ 2,00,000/-rs

then wht will u do?

same case,

the notice is from other side u r not bounded for that 2,000/-rs.

see precticle-

nitin subah se samm tak jane kitne notice aate hain!

aur ek baat case file karne main 5,000/- rs ka spend hota hai,

lawyer ki fee alag se, court dates.....................uff long procedure company can't afford it for a sum of rs. 500/- only!

hv a good day.

Advocate B. M. (Advocate)     22 March 2011

I agree with Adv. Rajeev. pay the amount immediately. u have used the phone, u r liable for payment

for the usage.

nitin (j nbgm)     22 March 2011

I am ready to pay my bill which is about Rs. 500.
but i don't want to pay the additional charges that they are asking for(Rs. 2000 for expences inccurred to file the case and 18% on the total amount.)

Susanta Chakraborty ( )     22 March 2011

You have used a service and you are liable to pay the charges. isn't it?

So, Pay the bill amt.

But... I agree with some para of Mr Sarvesh Sharma, Co doesn't file case, if they do and win, you have to bare all the expenses my dear...

Therefore it is better to pay ...

1 Like

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     22 March 2011


give the answer of that notice that yr bill @ is rs 500/-

and u r redy to pay the amount of rs.500/- only .

and u r not bounded to pay the extra amount.

the notice is on the behalf of the company then charge the extra  @ from the company.

and enclose a 500/-rs cheque with that notice answer.

prashant pundhir (Criminal Lawyer)     22 March 2011

IIn all of the notices,the language is almost same . Communicate with the company , and intimate them with about your decision.It is the month of march, so due to the year clossing ,they will get agree . Pay the bill and get  no dues certificate .

Gulshan Tanwar (Advocate)     22 March 2011

If not comes and you dont pay, what are the consequences; Company is going to pay you compensation just remember, as it is basic law that telephone connections cannot be cut down due to outstanding bills and if company does the same, send them the notice that they have infringed your right to life -- right to dignity as the company is State within the meaning of Article 12 of the Indian Constitution.


You are liable only to Pay your telephone bill upto Rs 500 along with surcharge and not beyond that, remember this thing and if someone says beyond that, then your right to life is infringed as well as violated and then lie the writ against the company and then claim damages from the Company.

So dont worry and enjoy my Idea!!!

1 Like

king (other)     11 June 2011

i hve received a court notice regarding non payment of idea postpaid bill of rs1300/- and half of the charges should not be included in it .

i dont want to pay the bill now suggest me something !

where there will be any prosecution or not?

Dhaval (Exe.)     20 March 2013

Mera vodafone ka bill 6100 aaya hai due to exceed internet service, Jabki mene 2g plan 2gb ativate karavaya tha 149 rental per month lekin by mistake 400 mb jyada use ho gaya tha to 6100 bill bhej diya hai vodafone walo ne, Please advice meri condition nahi hai ki me 6100 paid karu, If me paid nahi karta hu to kya next step hota hai ?? 2gb ka Rs. 149 chargis hai to 400 mb jyada hogaya to 6100 bill aaya hai, Please reply

karthikeyan (Lawyer)     27 July 2013

My dear friends.

Just for not paying rs.2000 or rs.500 no one has a wright to arrest you so pls be relax.

First all the cellular companies are froud.

I am a law student, and i can justify it.

After receiving a letter from legal firm pls dont get panic.


Acoording to our indian constitution act 19 to 21 defends the citizen writes.

and make sure you dont receive any letter from court which has attestation in it.


ABHISHEK DUBEY (ENGG)     05 December 2013

Dear Sir,

I Have query i took an idea postpaid no. in pune and after 2 year i changed my postpaid plan from 299 to 999. but after some time idea care changed my plan 999 to 199 without my confirmation. because of that i got large amount of bill. so i mail to idea customer care and request to again change my previous plan . so they told me via mail that "We wish to inform you that your complaint against bill plan dispute has been initiated with effect from 26th September 2013 and same shall be processed by 04th October 2013." but they not change my plan.

after i send many mail to idea care and also put complain on 198 but they replies that we analyse your matter and get you call back.but i not resived any call from them.

i told them that plz provide me write bill and i'll pay your all outstanding.

but thay stop all of my serves of idea no.

now they call me on another no. and told to take legal action, so i replied and say i have all of proof that i was not changed my plan .but they don't wan't to listen.

they told me i gave him confirmation on call to changed the plan. so i request them to again listen tha call recording and the basis of recording we take decision  if i am wrong so i'll pay your all bill. but they refued and say this gonna be not happend and you have to pay all bill.

so why i pay wrong bill ??? this is not legal and not my mistake.

so plz guide me what i have to do????????????????????

anishmurmu (student)     16 August 2014



rajesh tanwar (video journalist )     10 November 2014

hello sir, mera naam rajesh hai mene 8 month pahle ek aircel ka postpaid conaction liya tha or uske sath mai internet roaming free bt main ek din k liye delhi se bahadugarh (haryana) gya toh waha mene net. use kiya toh mera bill. 800 agya toh mene pucha toh customercare wale kahne lage ki aircel ka tower nahi hai waha par isliye charge laga hai toh mene unka bill nahi aaj mori gate police station se phone aya ki tumhare khilaf girftari ka warrante ayaa hai. mene pucha kis chiz kar toh unhone bola ki kisi company se len den ka case hai toh usne wakil ka no. diya mene wakil se baat ki toh unhone bola ki kal court mai pase hona hai tumhe or pahle 2 time notice bhej chuke hai bt tum aaye nahi jabki mere paas koi notice nahi ayaa or file no. DLA344/CC bataya hai  or wakil ne kaha ki tum agar out of court satelment karna chahte ho toh with in one hour 5300 Rs. dene honge aircell outlet mai 2500 bill amount or baki ka court case charge plz plz tell me wht can i do. mujhe kuch samjh nahi aa rha hai or 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register