Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal Singh   20 February 2021

Non Intimation to Accused about a lodged FIR

Sir, a case was filed against me under section 420 on 5-10-2020 but the police did not inform me about the same instantly and the police called me on my mobile after 5 months of filing fir. In between the DSP of the concerned Sub Division has approved the case as true. as soon as i came to know about the lodged fir, i just visited police station to know abt the actual case. but they told me that the case is at that level now that u can be arrested.
is it correct sir? please guide me as i am quite innocent. but no one from the police is ready to listen my side.

 1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 February 2021

you can get a copy of F.I.R. through online facility. When an FIR is registered by the Police, the law provides under Section 154 of Cr. P.C, sub-section (2) that a copy of the FIR should be provided to the informant immediately after its registration. However, there is no provision which says that a copy of FIR should be provided to an accused after its registration.

How to download FIR

  1. Enter the FIR number.
  2. Select Year of registration of FIR. ...
  3. Select Police district (Name of district or Crime Branch or Railway Police) from the dropdown.
  4. Select concerned Police Station name form dropdown.
  5. Add security code displayed in the form. ...
  6. Click "Search FIR" button to search.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query