IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akash (XYZ)     05 January 2019

Nomination of flat in cooperative society mumbai

I own a flat in a cooperative society in Mumbai purchased number of years back. The property documents  and the society share certificate are in joint names of  my wife and myself. No nomination has been made so far. My wife expired a few years back.

I would like to make the nomination for my 50%, but the society is requesting that I first transfer the flat to my individual name, before I can make the nomination. I want to make the nomination for my  50% interest in the flat only.

Ideally I would not like to transfer it to my individual name, as I am getting old and dont want any one to coerce me into selling it once it is on my individual name. I have three children.


 1 Replies

HIRAL THAKKAR (ADVOCATE )     05 January 2019

Society ought not to decline your request.

When the interest in the share capital of the society is held joinlty then nomination be filed for the percentage of which the share is held.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query