LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kaval V Shah (Student)     23 August 2010

No Will Left

1. My Father and mother both passed away this year... they did not draft any will or such... Now my paternal Grandmother and I are the only heirs left.... there is some propety in Gujrat in My moms name. and a property in maharastra on my fathers name...  Do i need a Succession Certificate or is there any other way i can transfer the property on my or my Grandmothers name....

2. Is it necessary to provide Succession Certificate To banks to Transfer the accounts and Locker Held In their Name to mine. No Nomination Done For the account. can i provide them Letter Of Indemnity for the same.


 6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     23 August 2010

To get transfer the properties you have to obtain the succession certificate issued by the revenue department.  After obtaining the succession certificate you can file an application to the concerned departmnent to enter your name to the properties.,

To transfer the accounts and locker you will have to file acase for  probate and succession certificateunder the indian succession act.

Deekshitulu.V.S.R (B.Sc, B.L)     04 September 2010

In respect of immovable properties no succession certificate is necessary. Only in case of movables the same is required. Your Grand mother is not a heir

Mugundhan (Lawyer)     05 September 2010

for the property in father's name, grandmother is also an heir. Usually for immovable properties, the legal heir certificate issued by the Tahsildhar of the place where ur parents resided is enough. But Banks will ask for succession certificate from the court.

R.Ranganathan (Director)     10 September 2010

Banks have a policy that only above a certain amount they insist on succession certificate. Otherwise for your purpose you can get Legal Heirship Certificate from the Tahsildar and approach the respective authorities for transfer. If they do not agree then you can approach the court. For both the purposes you will require the Legal Heirship Certificate to prove that you are the legal heirs of the deceased persons.

rajkumar.vnm.marupeddi (advocate)     23 October 2011

to my knowledge, thasildar or revenue department wont issue succession certificate but they will issue a family members certifcate after making enquiry  ....... M.RAJ KUMAR.VNM

Kaval V Shah (Student)     05 December 2015

Respected lawyers.... I have some issue regarding one of my properties in Kutch district of Gujarat... When he passed away a few years back I got my name on the property... With a court case of kehdut hak. Which got resolved last year. I applied for tcc and got it from a local lawyer... After the tcc notice in local news paper no claims came forward during the allotted time. The trust people came and tied their cows and bulls and kept watchman's to not letting me enter my land... They issued a public notice stating that they have received it as gift of word from my family and any one who purchase or sell the property will face court case. They are goons and political good connected ... Is it true that panjarapur and goushala cannot make claim on land if they DONT have it in writing. Plz help me find a a way to get things rit. They where asking for donation which my grandmother agreed to pay... Now they just DONT wanna leave the land and also not taking the donations even after we agreed on ... Plz help. It located in Kutch district of Gujarat.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query