Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guruprasad (Lead)     21 July 2013

No understanding between wife and mother

Hi All,

Thanks for all of you for providing information and extraordinary support to those who cannot share their feelings on face to face personally and seeking guidence with law.

I married in 2011 and I am facing the problem where there is no understanding between my wife and mother since 6 months which makes me no interest in LIfe and the house is registered in my name before marriage. I have suggested my wife that  will live together separately but she is not ready to come out and also not leaving my parents to cook and live in the house. So I am planning to go out of house alone and live some where so that my wife will come with me then my parents can also live peace fully. will this affects to me legally.

Please need your suggestions on the above and also please advise does she has any rights on my property purchased and registered in my name whcih my parents contributed the funds by selling their house which was given by my grand father but I took loan to construct the house which still I am EMI is going from my salary.

Thanks to all and awaiting for response.

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     21 July 2013

the present house being her matrimonial house therefore she cannot be thrown out. but yes if you shift to some other house then you can ask her to be with you at that home and she would have to come with you, except if there is any threat to her life and safety.

You need to speak to your family elders and seek their guidance to resolve the dispute.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     21 July 2013

Try to reslove it amicably, you can transfer the house to your parents making them the owner and your wife will not have a right to live there.

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

Guruprasad (Lead)     28 July 2013

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply. I have spoken to their elders also but they are also not ready to agree that to send my wife with me to live in seprate house but my parents are not ready to live with her . earlier my and mother were verry close and dont know what happened from past 3 months they are not in good understanding.

My questions are here:

• How can I take my wife with me living separately with lawfully.
  • If I go out of home and live separately then if I ask her to come to the place where I live. will this impact on me and my parents legally.
  • Does she has the righ on home which was registered in my name before marriage.
  • Shall I take both of them to counselling to make them understand about me.

of the above I dont have any other intention other than lving and giving better life to both of my parents and wife as I have housing loan also.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Thanks .

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 September 2013

Your worries are unnecessary;  For achieving some thing certain compromises are to be made.  If you want to continue your marital life in a peaceful and happy way, you may decide upon living separately with your wife in a different house away from your own house.  As far as the rights to your wife in your own house, she does have the rights as your legally wedded wife but that is eventful and not an immediate problem.  If you can solve problems in the initial stage, do it and live peacefully than allowing it develop and suffer the graver problems at a later stage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register