LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Laxman Karandikar (CTO)     09 January 2012

No salary for 4 months

I worked in a Hyderabad firm. The firm is listed on NSE and BSE. The firm developed serious financial problems and has not been able to pay salaries after September 2011. Do I have any legal remedy to get my salary?


 3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 January 2012

Before the company becomes bankrupt, submit a written representation under proper acknowledgment to your appointing authority, MD, CEO, Head-HR, Company Secretary and demand payment of all of your earned wages in next 7 days. If the company fails or remains silent or engages into fooling you with false promises lodge complaint/grievance with o/o wages and meet the inspector also.

Look for suitable employment and firm up your next venture. Do submit notice of resignation with effective date of resignation or the company shall deduct notice pay and square off your dues.

jagadish paranjape (Advocate)     09 January 2012

Your query is without details.You should specify your nature of work ,salary etc.If you fall under the definition of workman, you have remedy under Industrial Disputes Act.In other cases you have to approach civil court.

Sailesh Sarmah (Advocate)     09 January 2012

Of course you do have a Legal Right to recover your salary from your employer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads