LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anup neshti (marine engineer)     21 February 2014

No name entered in birth certificate

i am 1990 born in Kolhapur, Maharashtra. in my birth certificate, my name has not been entered. rest all the details are entered correctly. now we are settled in Hyderabad, Andhra pradesh/ Telengana.

kindly advice me to get a birth certificate with my name on it.

basically for applying for a fresh passport.

thank you

Learning

6 Replies

ROJUKURTHI SUDHAKAR RAO (MANAGER -MIDDLE MANAGEMENT )     22 February 2014

Hello! Anup ,

Glad you have asked a relevant Question . I too have a similar Birth Certificate from The Birth Register issued by the Registrar's Office of Births , Nellore , Telangana State .

In my Certificate there is shown a pen-stroke simply in the blank space in the Name Box . I think it is so because at the time of registering the birth of  a newly born & delivery-at-home Child , only  Gender of the Baby gets detected firstly by the midwife pulling  out the Baby out of the womb of mother , say male or female and this is the available information at the first sight and hearing by the elders in the family who go to the Registrar's Office for Birth Registration . By this time , normally the naming ceremony  for the Baby  does not take place in 99.99 %  households which is usual in Indian Families . That's how , there is omission in the Birth Certificates in the name-box  but only Gender gets recorded .and Name is missing . The Birth Certificates are handed over obviously , officially like that without  Names and parents collect them as such .

You were born in 1990 in Maharashtra but I was born in 1955 in Andhra Pradesh .  Therefore , identical all over India . 

sd/- Dr.Rojukurthi Sudhakar Rao ,

22-2-'14 .

e-mail ::   1955sudhakar@gmail.com

anup neshti (marine engineer)     22 February 2014

Dr.Rojukurthi Sudhakar Rao,

i agree with you. that may have happened in my case too. but i am facing a problem with passport applications. they need a birth certificate with my name mentioned on it. & birth certificates are compulsory for birth after 1989. now my maharashtra municipal office denied me application to include my name in birth certificate quoting that they can add name only till 15 years after the birth. after that there is no provision to do that. 

:(

i hope u havent faced any issues due to no name on your birth certificate. 

thank you. 

MV RAJA RAAM (High Court Advocate)     25 February 2014

you have to correct the birth certificate at the place where you born and you have to submit all the relevant documents to prove that it is you who born on that date.

ROJUKURTHI SUDHAKAR RAO (MANAGER -MIDDLE MANAGEMENT )     25 February 2014

Hello! Raja Raam , Sir , 

Will you please name those relevant Documents in your mind ?  

Do you include the following  ? 

1.  AN AFFIDAVIT  

2. NOTARIZATION 

3. A NATIONAL  NEWS PAPER  NOTICE  

4. ADMISSION REGISTER OF HIGH SCHOOL 

5. TRANSFER CERTIFICATE   [ TC ]  OF A SCHOOL 

6. A LIVE WITNESS  OUTSIDE  THE FAMILY 

7.  A LIVE WITNESS  INSIDE THE FAMILY 

8.  A COURT ORDER TO INCORPORATE  NAME  THROUGH  A  PLEADER 

9.  A PUBLIC OFFICER ON DUTY  , SAY PUBLIC PROSECUTOR 

Plz. clarify  quickly  so that I can act  now .

sd/- Dr.Rojukurthi Sudhakar Rao ,

26-2-2014 

Attached File : 532369396 flowerbrights.jpg downloaded: 199 times

anup neshti (marine engineer)     26 February 2014

but here the municipal corporation has just denied changes... they said the changes possible only before 15years after birth. after that changes cannot be done with name addition. another advice i got was through the court procedure. i dont think it is a fast process though. 

ROJUKURTHI SUDHAKAR RAO (MANAGER -MIDDLE MANAGEMENT )     28 February 2014

Hello ! Anup , 

I've  just  now  seen the info'  reproduced here under  which might be implementable  to make our common situation  legally  diluted  for there are Supreme Court  Judgements  that  Justice should be not only done but appear  to have been done !    

Two options: 1) through gazette publication; 2) by filing a declaration suit in the civil court declaring your correct name to be incorporated in the birth certificate.

Anoop !    Time factor , sometimes may work to our advantage to become a vantage point  per se .

Last week ,  the Finance Minister , Hon'ble  P.Chidambaram , Govt. of India , I saw on the TV , announced an amendment to the Birth Registration  Act  being one of the 36 new Biils in the just ended Parliamentary Session . What's that , I  am  trying to find out ?

But ,  It is already in my knowledge that there is the The Births Registration Act  of 1886 which has been the Central Law  with referability to the Union List  and  the  Section 9 of the Act  enables and facilitates the purpose of proving one's  Birth  , i.e.,  our Birth Certificates issued to us without Names added while this should be helpful for filing a Declaration Suit  , actionable point ( 2)  mentioned above . 

sd/- Dr. Rojukurthi Sudhakar Rao , 

28-2-2014 @  Home .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register