LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naresha (CEO)     01 October 2009

No locus standi - need explanation

This is question regarding " No locus standi " need help from member layers.......

This question regarding Transport stage carriage permit objection tht I made under the following grounds before the RTA.

A stage carrage permit was granted in the year of 1972 for som xxxxxx. At the sametime an approved scheme was intorduced by TN Government in the year of 1968 with a clause of Total exclusion of private operators. Without considering the approved scheme a stage carriage permit was granted to a persion on the overlapping rout of the mentioned approved scheme. My question is .....

1. If a public is made objection for the said permit ...if it fall no locus standi catagory ?

2.If a labour made the said objection if it fall under the catogory of " No Locus Standi " ?

Learning

11 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     01 October 2009

dear friend, any one affected by the stage carriage permit for a particular route has a locus standi.

general public can always raise an objection, and when there is a gross violation of law and state pollicy then any resident of state can raise objection.

route curtailment and route overlapping can often be seen in transport business, actually this all is politically affected process, but u ve locus standi to challenge it.

Naresha (CEO)     02 October 2009

Dear Kiran Kumar,

Thankyou verymuch for your reply. I need more clarification in this regard. If any High Court or Supreme Court made any judgements ? Because I worked as a labour and made the objection on public intrest basis. But the Madras High Court made a judgement that the labour has no local standi to make objection for a stage carraige permit. In this circumtance, my objection sofar not disposed by RTA . So I need more clarification in this regard and what manner or grounds it stands.... Is it actually my objection fall under the category of "No Locus Standi " ?

Please help me in this regard. Thanks in Advance. If you need more details I will send the all reference particulars to you through e-mail.

Naresha (CEO)     04 October 2009

Surprise.... 30,000 members........ but no  reply for my Q ?

Naresha

Adinath@Avinash Patil (advocate)     26 October 2009

DEAR NARESH

DON'T  BLAIM  LEARNED  MEMBERS YOU CAN SEARCH ON SUPREME COURT WEB SIGHT/JUDGMENT OR ANY HIGH COURT.

Naresha (CEO)     26 October 2009

Hellow

Adinath@Avinash Patil... I am sorry.... I am not blaming any members and I know the members loyal. If anybody feels my comment is irretating, I am sorry.

Naresha

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     26 October 2009

TAKE IT SPORTIVE WAY

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     30 January 2010

mr naresh please note that as a labour, you do not have any lucas standi; but as a consumer of the said service; you have a locus standi; as a general public you and like you - everyone has the lucas standi to raise the point before the court. very particularly where public money is involved. you should tell the hc, that not as a lobour, but as a general public you and as a consumer you appearing there, and public interest is also involved.  therefore you have the lucas standi. if necessary, request court to convert the case as pil - where instead of lucas standi public interest will be seen; but for pil it will also be seen that you do not have any personal interest or benifit involved there - it is the condition of pil.pil is a writ under art 226 at hc and u/a 32 at sc.

for further clarification, post some more and relevant details - in short

Naresha (CEO)     10 February 2010

Dear Arup Kumar Guptha.,

Thank you verymuch for your reply.

I need one help from you that is I need the following Karnataka High Court judgment for my case purpose.

Karnataka High Court Writ Petitions Nos. 23697 to 23701/1992 decided on 18th Nov. 1992

I need above said judgment for reference. I already search in web side as well as karnataka High Court web site. But I con't get the same.

Please help me in this regard and inform me the same to me and if you find the same, just mail me as attachment file to my mail id : naresha_1999@yahoo.com

Thanks in Advance.

Naresha

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     10 February 2010

it is 25 page, therefore not posted. searsc the bellow links on google. you will get it. i collected a copy, if you do not get send me pm, i shall send it.

https://www.indiankanoon.org/doc/758642/

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     10 February 2010

please read 'search' instead of 'searsc'

Naresha (CEO)     13 February 2010

Hi friends Please read my post. I already have the mentioned Judgment copy of Karnataka State Road Transport ... vs Sri. Pauli Govis And Another Etc.. But my requirement is not this one.

Anyway thanks for your reply. Thanks a lot.

Naresha

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register