Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jagdish   05 December 2017

No intimation of train cancellation by irctc

Hi All,

I need your expert advise on my case for IRCTC irresponsiveness to inform me for the cancalled train.

I booked an Ticket on Gomti Express train No 12419/PNR-2438982816 for date 4th Dec 2017. Ticket/Seat was confirmed by IRCTC for the date, when I reached to catch the train on station i got to know the same train has been cancelled by IRCTC. I suffer lots of problem after that because no seat was available in any other train from LKO station. 

I did not got any Pre Intimation from IRCTC fro train cancalation via SMS or via Call or via Email.

unwillingly i was forced to reach delhi by changing 3 busses because next day i had to join my office, it was so painfull experience because of IRCTC fault. 

I need your expert suggestion that what kind of action I can file against IRCTC for this kind of irresponsiveness.

Thanks

Jagdish

Learning

2 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     05 December 2017

IRCTC doesn't run the trains. Railways run the trains and it is their responisibility, if at all, to inform the passengers. The advent of mobile phones and internet  are very recent. Before that the practice of advising of late running or cancellation of trains, flights etc. was not there. In fact there were no means for giving such information. The Railways perhaps havn't yet caught up with the technologies.

sneha jaiswal   22 April 2021

Hello, Greetings of the day!

You can approach to your District Consumer forum to get an appropriate remedy or you can file complaint online at NCDRC website just by staying home.As this is pandemic time, second option would be more appropriate.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Sneha Jaiswal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register