LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bishan (farmer)     19 March 2016

No-fault termination of lease agreement after 1 month

I have taken a Flat on rent for residential purpose at Mumbai. Our Lease Agreement is registered for 33 months, with 1 month notice to terminate the agreement from either party. After just 1 month, landlord has given notice to vacate the Flat as he want to sell the property. I  was not knowing the landlord's intention.

I have been told that after the Lease Agreement registration date, for such termination of Agreeement within first 6 months, adequate compensation required to be paid by either of the party.

I was told that either party can seek for a compensation for the expenses incurred ( such as transportation, brokerage equal to 1 month rent, Registration of Lease Agreement) in shifting, if the Lease Agreement is terminated within 6 months.

If it is so, please throw some light on the same about the remedies available to tenants in such cases?

Learning

1 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     21 March 2016

Mr. Bishen

1) Since it was agreed term of ur agreement that after the Lease Agreement registration date, for such termination of Agreeement within first 6 months, adequate compensation required to be paid by either of the party. 

2) Then ur eligible for getting a  a compensation for the expenses incurred ( such as transportation, brokerage equal to 1 month rent, Registration of Lease Agreement) in shifting, if the Lease Agreement is terminated within 6 months.

3) U can file a case through Advocate of ur choice to get it. 

4) Finally i say LAW provide equal protection to both the parties in the agreement proviso Agreement must be registed.

Thanks

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register