Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sachin Gulyani (Student)     29 April 2016

No family court

What if a particular district has no family court?  Wife needs to file a case and there is no family court in Greater Noida in Gautam Buddha nagar District, U.P.  It is considered in NCR but the state is UP.

There is only District and Session Court but no Family Court.  What should be done?


 2 Replies

aarjun vhajage (Lawyer)     01 May 2016

You can file your petition in District court only.

1 Like

Amit Gupta (Advocate)     02 May 2016

Dear Sir,

the family courts act provides for the family courts, but where family courts have not been established the powers are given to the district judge only. so u can file it before district judge.

but before that go through high court rules framed by high court, because jurisdiction varies from state to state. in Haryana the powers has been given to civil judges where as in Rajasthan powers are given to District Judge alone.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register