LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subrahmanyam (Scientific Officer (Retd))     28 June 2011

No Encumbrance certificate

I am  proposing to sell  my flat in a Co  operative housing society in Navi Mumbai. The society informed me to submit a No encumbrance certificate,(On the Flat) so that the can issue a NOC in favour of the buyer.

I want to know  the standard format of  the same. Should it be on a stamped paper? If so, what denomination? I am at Bangalore now. Can I get it done from Bangalore and send  it to  Mumbai.Should it be notarised?

Plese send me the proforma if it is available on the  net.

Learning

5 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     01 July 2011

Encumbrance certificate is a record to show the title for the property which is being issued by the registry where the flat had been registered. You have to obtain it from the Registrar's office where the property was registered.

pabhi22@rediffmail.com (pabhi22@rediffmail.com)     25 June 2012

Hello Sir,

If we need non-encumbrance certificate from builder, can't he provide us the same or we have to obtain it on our own?

Abhishek

pabhi22@rediffmail.com (pabhi22@rediffmail.com)     25 June 2012

Hello Sir,

If we need non-encumbrance certificate from builder, can't he provide us the same or we have to obtain it on our own?

Abhishek

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     25 June 2012

I [resume, the society would hqve issued conveyance deed to you.In that case you can apply with the details of the survey No, plot no, extent of the areaetc., with the sub regisrty concerned, and get it even by post by remitting the required fee. Anybody can apply,if the details are available.

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     07 July 2012

If the purchaser is borrowing home loan from the banks or financial institution then they will insist the buyer for no encumbrance certificate by appointing a lawyer.

You may take a copy from the purchaser.

But if you want to get it done at your end then you need to appoint a lawyer who can get it done for you.

Incase of any query kindly call on 9324538481.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register