No demand notice or summon but police came

My dad taken an cash loan of Rs.15,000 in Dec 2018 from one shop keeper and given blank cheque of my bank. He just written in his khata book and nothing else proof instead of blank cheque.
My dad expired in April 2019. After one year shop keeper call me at asking to refund but some financial condition I am unable to return and further lockdown and now again same situation.
But in Jan 2021 his son deposited that cheque without informing me and deposit with illegally amount of Rs. 2,23,000/- to bounce.
We are not at address after dad expired we shifted to other place. 
Now suddenly one police came at my old place today 5/5/2021 at 10:30 am and inform neibhour that I missed the court date today.
But I didn't received any demand notice or court summons.
If address are not available but the opposite party having my Mobile number. And no one has came to deliver any notice till date or not any call or whatsapp.
How to check whether is there is an date in court and how to handle the fake amount bounce cheque.
Please help. 


State the facts of your query

Total likes : 1 times

Reply Mumbai : 9820174108

1. You will need to engage the services of a local Criminal Lawyer, to attend the court, else the court would issue Arrest warrant to secure your attendance in court. 

2.  You will also need to prove that you do not owe anything to the shop keeper and neither the shop keeper paid you anything of that amount.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 


Better to engage an Advocate to unearth every issues and facts!


Don't worry I wish you got

It was not suddenly but the complainant has issued a notice before institution of a case against you.

You will have to attend the court, engage a local lawyer prudent and contest the case.

You have no legal liability and not signed the dishonoured cheque hence the case shall be dismissed, if proceeded properly

Retired employee.

You are not coming out with facts correctly.  Have you issued notice to Bank informing the death of your father in Apr,2019 ?  If you have informed the death, do not worry as you are not involved in that transaction (unless you have admitted something in writing or you are involved in the business etc.,).  I am not speaking about moral obligations and compromises and focusing on the present issue only.


My address was changed. We shifted to new address after father death. No demand notice received from complainant. If he didn't know my address then he can call me or whatsapp me to deliver demand notice. He already have my contact number But nothing has done. But directly police came to my old address.


You are not responsible to pay anything for mere a cheque, but if your father had left any property the recovery can be made against that . It is very hard to recover the amount for the borrower but you still need to keep check and know if he filed any case for recovery of amount.

Retired employee.

Please focus on the issue:  Have you intimated your father's death to the Bank?   Are you in any way connected with the business as an undivided member of the family's business or a partner or connected in any way in running such business?  You are well aware of the indebtedness of your father, what have you done so far to settle the same if any on demands from a lender?  Have you contacted any local advocate?  Who is the lender and what is his profession and whether such indebtedness of your father reflected in the financial statements of the lender?




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Muslim Personal Law     |    x