LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Iram (CMA)     20 August 2011

Nikahnama and marriage registration

Hi, I am a canadian citizen who recently married an Indian in India under Islamic method. We got a Nikahnama (with registraion seal from UP Govt) and translated marriage certificate (also with UP Govt seal) and registration number for marriage. Is this sufficient documentation for sponsoring my husband to Canada?
I know people who also went to court to register their marriage but isnt that already taken care of through the Qazi who pronounced our Nikah under the Personal Law Board of India? This marriage is legal, so why is there need for additional registration?

Your help will be greatly appreciated, thanks
Iram

Learning

5 Replies

Nadeem khan (asso. software engineer)     21 August 2011

that is enough documentary for sponsoring your hubby.. i have given the same documents to oman embassy for sponsoring ma wife last month from india... u can go ahead

Rohit (Private)     18 September 2011

You need to put first in the passport under spouse name as your name

for doing above, you only need to produce your nikahnama copy to pp office (or cancel the old pp and make new pp with new details of your wife).

and then apply for visa.

Regards

Rohit

Mohammed Aslam (Test Analyst)     11 May 2013

Hi,

How and where can I get nikaahnama with the govt. seal? How do we get it translated to English with govt. seal?

batool100 (I love this movie)     28 January 2014

Can the fact that the translation of a marraige certificate document that I presented for getting a long-stay visa in a EU country had an error influence on me not getting the visa?

batool100 (I love this movie)     30 January 2014

all kind of translation services in https://www.translation.pk its best and i tried it

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register