LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sumit Kumar Jha (RF consultant)     15 June 2013

Nieghbour nuisance

Hi ,


I  live in south delhi in my parental owned home . Recently some has built home in the backside of our home .

on the backside of our home , we have small window (above washroom) that is on the street. Neighbour has blocked the window by making wall on the street . He dont understand after a lots of efforts ..

Please help me to know legal process to resolve this issue.

Many Thanks

Sumit Kumar Jha 


 5 Replies

RAHUL KANSAL 9041629676 (ADVOCATE)     15 June 2013

hi sumit,

             i have read your problem here and i also have solution of your problem and i will  suggest you to file mendatory , permanet injunction suit but on the same time i will also inform you that the suit will take a large time and if your neighbour has already construct the window then there is least possibilities of getting the interim relief ....... so think before you file this suit 

Sumit Kumar Jha (RF consultant)     16 June 2013

Thanks for your response,

issue is we have window looking at the back street and neighbour has closed that by making wall on the street ... street is public property not owned by him..

I think we all have right of sunlight and air ... we have tried to resolve it with talks .. but that guy is illiterate dont understand any thing and started using abusive language...

i dont think force is the only solution thats why i want some legel action against him ...

Many Thanks

Sumit Kumar Jha

GOYAL PRADEEP (advocate)     16 June 2013

dear SUMIT.

Without the diagram/map or visit to site;it becomes difficult to give an authantic solution.

However to the extent we could understand from the contents of your message above.-

The MCD/NDMC AUTHORITIES MAY BE APPROACHED by lodging a complaint/grievance if it is a case of unauthorised construction..

If no solution provided; then  may approach PUBLIC GRIEVANCE COMMISSION./RTI.

The LG delhi office & CM delhi offices also help in such cases if the problem is genuine.

But this sequence be maintained.& ATLEAST 15 TO 30 days be provided to each authority.


best of luck.



Vidhi Joshi (Trademark Registration Mumbai | IPR Firm | Mumbai | Start Up Lawyer | Copyright Lawyer)     17 June 2013

better appraoch civic body and complaint against encroachment as he has illegally built wall on public road.

sarath babu (ADVOCATE)     18 June 2013

It is better to lodge a complaint to local authorities if the public road is encroached. If it is a Public Street using by number of people then it is easy to remove the wall, that it is inconvenence to public.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register