LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bharat garg (none)     08 December 2021

Nia related

Hello All

Sec 138 case..Compromise done in 1,39,ooo. Paid only 50k till now, from last 3-4 dates unable to pay. This time judge ordered arrest warrant.( Yet to be served to me).

My lawyer said,when you will go for a bail the judge may send you to a one or 2 days jail . I've asked other lawyers and they laughed on me hearing this.

Now I m scared to go to the court for bail. The case is in lower court. Has the judge power to send me to jail when I was ill and could not attend last 2 dates?I've produced my certificate of illness last to last time.

Next date is on 20th dec and I'll again deposit some out of remaining amount. Is there a possibility of him sending me the jail and if yes, can I get immediate relief from the upper court?

Kind Regards

Bharat garg


 2 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     08 December 2021


You can produce the medical certificate for your absence. If you deposit the money as per your compromise court will not take any action. Moreover warrant is not served. So finish the matter as early as possible. 

bharat garg (none)     09 December 2021

Thx sir for your wise advice, but it will take about a month for me to arrange the money, so if I can evade the arrest and then later on go to court with money, even then the case will get over?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query