IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vicky (Law officer)     09 March 2012

Ni act

A is a Company supplying some products to D. D is not paying the outstianding to A. D is also taken supplies from B, which is a holding company of A. B is holding cheque issued by D in its favour. now my question is can B file cheque bounce case if it is not honoured agianst the outstanding of D to A as a holding Company ? please help with relevant case laws. Thanks


 3 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     09 March 2012

B can file complaint u/s 138 of N.I Act against D only in case when there is legally enforceable debt or liability  arises.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     09 March 2012






Shonee Kapoor


ad. creaminall (professional Advocate)     11 March 2012

i agree with Mr. Goyal.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query