LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pradeep (Senior Manager)     04 February 2014

Newly married _seek divorce on mutual consent

Dear Experts, 

We are hindu and Got Married in Nov.`13 in the  Rajsthan, Me and my Wife both having permanent address in same city. Now we want to get divorce by mutual. As i aware, I can file divorce on mutual consent only after one year of marriage. Is there any way to get divorce as soon as possible without many legal complexities. Plz help us... ....


 11 Replies


Marriage Annulement

Pradeep (Senior Manager)     04 February 2014

Thanks for your reply, But i m not getting u . What should i do to get divorce and what is procedure ?


Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 February 2014

Mutual divorce is to be filed by the couple only after they have lived apart for ateleast a year. The process is initiated  by filing a petition, supported by affidavits by both the partners, in the district court (also called family court). The presenting of the petition for divorce by mutual consent is also legally knows as "The First Motion petition for Mutual Censent Divorce. The Second Motion Petition for Mutual Consent Divorce " when the partners reappears after six months before the court. A gap of six months provided in the statute between two motions, so as to offer the estranged couple adequate time to reconsider their decision of dissolving their marriage.  

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 February 2014

No chance you have to wait for one year from the date of marriage.

Pradeep (Senior Manager)     05 February 2014

Sir, There may be any wayout. We cant live together and want to get divorce by easy way. we dont want legal fight and blame to each other. Please help us..... . we did not have any physical relation. But we both are able to do.... Is this fact make any difference in your opinion. 

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     07 February 2014

Dear Querist

you can file a mutual consent divorce petition before district court with an application u/s 14 of Hindu marriage act within one year. the court have power to entertain the divorce petition with one year.

S K KARNjhc (Legal Adviser)     12 February 2014

Sorry, there is no any possibility b/r a year since you'r living separately, you can file for divorce or judicial separation after completing a year, sir

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     12 February 2014

Pradeep, you can file MCD u/s 14 HMA, but the divorce will only be granted after Nov 14. Till this time you have to wait.

1 Like

Vivek (manager)     13 February 2014

Simple... Print your wed card for pre dated to 1 year back. Both of u say u married a year before and file for MCD. This will be told by any intelligent lawyer. Nothing to worry. They know much more tricks than i mentioned here.

Pradeep (Senior Manager)     20 February 2014

Mr. Vivek .. will it work?

I talked a lawyer. But he confused me . I dont know whether he was taking me right Direction or not . I beilive he was just trying to make fee to calling me many times to his office. 

I am ready to spend but want right guidance . We cant live together ...koi to way hoga . we both dont want to hurt each other and our family ...


Plz plz help us 


Vivek (manager)     21 February 2014

I have seen many people do it.  But point is your marriage should not have been registered already. If registered, you cannot do it. Talk to your lawyer

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register