LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Newly married and ai

I have been married for 4 months (second marriage) and im 43, he is 44.

I am well educated and well settled in job, properties etc. He is not educated, doesnt have income, or a job either. I married because his health was fine based on his medical reports.

Now , he is unable to perform and latest, he declared that he doesnt want to have s*x. I went for Artificial insemination and was his sperm. 

He is creating problems in marriage. He left about a month ago.

I am trying to understand my options now. Due to my age, I need to work on getting pregnant NOW. 

Can I go for sperm donor if he doesnt respond?  How do I legally opt for an anonymous sperm donor?

Does that amount to cheating?

With the insemination done with his sperm, if the pregnancy is successful, will he have all rights to the child?

What is my stand? Please guide.

Learning

4 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 October 2022

So long as the marriage subsits, law presumes that the husband is the father of the child born to his wife unless the contrary is proved. Hence, whatever the situation, propriety requires that the child bearing ought to be with the informed consent of the husband. Else, your arbitrary action would amount to marital cruelty entitling him to seek divorce.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     23 October 2022

Whose marriage is the second marriage?  Is he or you divorced?  

(Guest)

his first marriage . mine is second

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 October 2022

Various deeper issues have been clubbed in the same thread, which are different in nature.

It is better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register