Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anoop Prasad (Corporate Employee)     03 January 2010

New passport verification

Hi all,
I have applied for a fresh passport. I am living at my current residence since december 2008 . Yesterday police came to my house  for passport verification and that time I was not at my home. Policeman behaved rudely with my landlord and with my wife and threatened them that if I don't reach home within 1/2 an hour then he will cancel my application .
When I reached home and contacted the policeman behaved rudely with me also and he forced to me to accept that I am living at my current residence for last one month however I insisted that I am living here for last one year.

I gave rent agreement as my address proof  which was created in october 2009. the policemen told me that the rent agreement is not enough proof of residence and threatened me that my slippers will Scuff but I can't get the passport.

I am afraid that he can cancel my application. I  want to know that what should I do now and can I get my fees refunded if my application get cancelled.

Thanks and regards
Anoop Prasad

Learning

11 Replies

SRIPRAKASH BHATTACHARYA (RETIRED)     03 January 2010

DEAR SIR,

TAKE UP THE MATTER WITH THE PRO AT PASSPORT OFFICE AND ALSO WITH THE INCHARGE UNDER WHOM THE CONCERNED POLICE STATION FALLS. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU HAVE TO BE EQUALLY TOUGH WITH THE POLICE AND MAKE HIM UNDERSTAND THAT THE COUNTRY IS CHANGING FAST. IT IS TRUE THAT THE CONSTABLE MAY HAVE NUICENSE VALUE BUT YOU TOO HAVE TEACH HIM THAT YOU KNOW THE LAW.

YOU CAN POST YOUR PROBLEM AT THE WEBSITE OF THE PASSPORT OFFICE TOO. NOW A DAYS THE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS ARE VERY CO-OPERATIVE PROVIDED YOU TELL ABOUT YOUR PROBLEM TO THEM.

THE CONSTABLE SHOULD VERIFY ABOUT YOUR RESIDENCE/ADDRESS PROOF FROM YOUR LANDLORD/NEIGHBOURS AND VIS-A-VIS THE DOCUMENTS, YOU HAVE FURNISHED ALONG WITH YOUR APPLICATION FOR PASSPORT.

Anoop Prasad (Corporate Employee)     03 January 2010

Sir,

Thanks for you reply.

Problem with me is that I am living at my current address for last one year but previously I was not thinking of living permanently here so I didn't make any agreement and therefore I don't have any proof that I am living here since December 2008. That is the week point from my side.
But I made the agreement in October 2009

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     03 January 2010

DEAR ANUP,

PLEASE MEET THE SUPERINTENDENT OF POLICE/COMMISSIONER OF UR CITY WITH ALL DOCUMENTS OF YOUR RESIDENCE PROOF FOR LAST 5YEARS. THERE WILL BE ONE INSPECTOR CADRE OFFICER FOR VERIFICATION OF ALL THESE THINGS. NOTHING TO WORRY THE POLICE VERIFICATION IS TO FIND OUT YOUR CRIMINAL BACKGROUND. IF UR CLEAN NO PROBLEM YOU WILL GET PASSPORT WITH IN 90DAYS.

BUT POLICE CLEARANCE IS MANDATORY TO PRO, TO ISSUE PASSPORT. 

(Guest)

Dear Prasad ji,

Verification police doesn't have any right to cancel your passport application form. Just he has to write the statements made by you and have to take signature from you on the verification form.

You need not afraid. Either meet Superintendent of police or District Collector and bringnotice to them. They will help you.

Anoop Prasad (Corporate Employee)     04 January 2010

Thank you very much to all. I'll follow your advice.

I am very new to this forum but the way people are responding is really surprising. Before posting in this form I was thinking that it is very difficult to cope with policemen because first time in my life I had any work with police but my experience was so terrific. But now my confidence is coming up and I think law is above all. 

Anoop Prasad

Daksh (Student)     04 January 2010

Dear Anoop,

The message is bold and clear don't do anything wrong and don't allow anything wrong to happen by however big and mighty the wrongdoer might be.  All the very best.

Thanks and best regards

Daksh

SRIPRAKASH BHATTACHARYA (RETIRED)     04 January 2010

Dear Mr,. Prasad

In our country we have a fear about the Police personnel. For this our government, the police personnel and even our elders are responsible. Police are not tigers and will not eat us. In our society we have bad people and good people too. Rememebr that we have more good people than bad people otherwise the society would have had collapsed.

Any way, we must make use of the power given to us by the constitution and be bold enough to face the bad people too.

Do not worry, tell the constable that you too mean business.

Best wishes

Sriprakash Bhattacharya

91+9836310615

bhattacharyasriprakash@gmail.com

Anjalee (LAW student)     04 January 2010

Dear Prasad ji,

I have recently faced similar situation for what you are undergoing. First of all Police is doing their duty to verify that the address exactly mentioned by you is right or you have some other fishy motives. 

Yes, as innocent citizen we face this harassment but it is for our interests only. When Police officer told you that the rent agreement is not enough, he is absolutely right. As there are other documents such as Ration Card, Election ID, Bank Statements, NOC of Landlord (if he agrees to provide) is required to state that you are bona-fied person staying at the residence address mentioned by you. 

In my case I have provided verification of all these documents. This procedure is not only for our interests but for the general public at large. As regards to Police’s rude behavior is concerned, they are human beings inside the uniform.

If Police does good job then too they are facing other bad elements in the system & if they are doing the shoddy job of verification then too they still face brunt of risking our interests.

This procedure is like the bad medicine given by doctor to cure your wounds.

Rajiv Chauhan (Advocate) (Advocate (Shimla) 7833999000)     04 January 2010

I am agreed with Reddy sir.

Regards,

Rajiv Chauhan (Advocate)

Shimla(Himachal Pradesh)

John Benjamin (Travel Passports)     05 October 2010

First of all thanks for discussion.

Really "if police does good job then too they are facing other bad elements in the system & if they are doing the shoddy job of verification then too they still face brunt of risking our interests. "

The tracking service provides real-time verification that the package arrived safely. The couriers that offer package tracking also often provide expedited shipping, making it possible to select overnight delivery.

Thanks

Get Passports
New Passports

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     29 October 2010

Good advice by Mr. Reddy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register