LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakesh   16 May 2017

New owner -old tenant with old owner tenancy issue

I have purchased shop from my friend  in last month .My Friend have registererd agreement with tanent. At the time of purchasing shop we asked to tanent to vacat shop in one montg notice verbally but tanent asked us to give 2 month so that they can search other shop.

I was in hurry so i completed shop purcgasing deals with my friend and came back to Dubai. My friend called to tanent today and tanent is telling to my friend that he will not vacat shop and giving to threat to my friend that he will file mental harassment case. Tanent is also not giving rent from last 1 month. 

I am new owner of shop from last one month but shop rent agrement is in name of my friend. 
Please let me know  legal way to short out this matter as old rent registererd agreement still not changed 

a) Do My freind (old owner)  and Me (new owner) both have to send legal notice to tanent ? 

Learning

4 Replies

rajuchowdappa   16 May 2017

Mr. Rakesh, You can contact me 9738465552.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 May 2017

Old owner has to give a 2 months notice to the tenant that he sold the shop to other owner and vacate or let him make another ret agreement with new owner. 

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     16 May 2017

Sir, (1) The terms and conditions of the registered agreement shall apply, (2) The relevant Rent Act of the state, where the property is located, shall apply, (3) You have to file an eviction suit if the property document is registered in your name. Good luck, Kishor Mehta

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     17 May 2017

You (the purchaser) of demised premises shall issue legal notice u/s 106 of Transfer of Property Act to vacate the shop and payment of outstanding rent by issuing a legal notice of 30 days through a local lawyer.

It shall be followed by suit for eviction under the provisions of state Rent Control Act or TPA be as the case may, if the tenant fails to hand over physical possession.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register