LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rekha Chatterjee   03 July 2023

New lift installation in a residencial apartment

Hi iam living in an apartment which is having total four floor and one flat on each floor. My flat is on 4th floor .our building is 9 years old and lft duct is also available.but due to some financial problem lift was not installed by builder. Now we the owners are planning to install lift at owners contributions. But owners of first and second floor are not willing to contribute towards lift installation. Due to aging we including owner of third floor feel for need of lift installation. Everyone in the building are central govt employee and are financially very sound. But still some owners are not concerned that what problem we are facing. Pls help me and guide me with your valuable advice to solve this problem

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     03 July 2023

Ask the builder to install lift.  Financial problem is common in many cases but he should have install the lift. File a case against the builder in Consumer Forum.

Rekha Chatterjee   04 July 2023

Dear sir 

I am the  only owner who went to the consumer court and fought for 8 years but no one from our apartment came in support .the other owners took possession of the flat in 2014 and not even complaint of builder's deficiency of service.  Actually all them are waiting to eat fruit of my pain and suffering. I lose the case because  builder did not mention about lift installation in our agreement to sale and took possession of my flat in as it is condition.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     04 July 2023

If it is not mentioned in the agreement you cannot ask him.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register