Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sunil (Engineer)     04 August 2012

New divorse laws

Dear all,

In the new divorse laws, it is not clearly specified in which type of situation the wife is eligible for 50% share?

Is this law applicable for already divorced casses.?

Learning

5 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     04 August 2012

No such law giving 50% share to the wife in husband's property upon divorce has been passed till today. It is just a proposed legislation and nobody can say in which form the bill will be passed, if at all it is passed.

Nina Rakheja (unhappily married)     04 August 2012

I m too waiting for this bill to b a law!

Sunny (Other)     05 August 2012

Nina and other ladies, please don't be happy too soon. In your quest for "equality" you start treating men as the inferior gender. This so called "law" will never be passed and even if it does get passed, women will be eventual losers. Boys have already stopped marrying girls and getting pre-nuptials signed. There will be other ways and means to stop the implementation of these one sided, barbaric and laws which only show the inherent greed of women. No boy will buy any property or build any assets till he's convinced that the wife is trustworthy, and even after that they will make their wives buy property and then claim 50% of it on divorce. Now do you still want this law to be passed? Please learn to be a human being first.

Sunny (Other)     05 August 2012

I know of two guys who have already postponed their decision to invest in real estate because of this, plus they have decided to move into a rented flat with their girlfriends and live as a couple. No marriage, no property, no hassles. Now both of them (including the girl) have to work equally and contribute to running the house equally. I'm sure they'll go through hell but not buy any property untill their girls want to buy it themselves......otherwise live on rent forever. I think Nina will like this situation.

heral (house wife)     05 August 2012

ADV. ARCHANA .if law is going to pass that 50% property purchased by husband between the marriage and divorece will be go to wife, it will not effect the hindu marriage syster? will it not be tough for hindu man go for marriage? it wiill help to muslim to grow their  percentage in india?  it  will effect the life of mans and more and more indian hindu will suicide more and more divorece and 498a cases will be india ?Pls let me know whether it will effect on earlier divoreced persons?

pls advise.

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register