LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AAAAARRRRK (Others)     12 March 2015

Never ending demands by wife

I am  a retired Govt Officer, going to be 59 years in a few months, married, have two sons aged 25 years and 21 years. Both sons are pursuing studies. My wife, a working lady filed for Divorce without any provocation or differences, in Jan 2011. All relatives and friends tried to counsel her but in vain. VERY UNFORTUNATE.

She levelled all false allegations contained in the rules as reason for Divorce without any specific date, complaints or medical reports. The case has been carrying on since Jan 2011 and barely has reached Cross Examination of the Petitioner stage. She also filed Affidavits from both sons, again levelling false allegations. All this while she continued to stay in the same house where we have been living and creating acrimony all the time, including filing of false complaints in CAW Cell etc.

Being a retired officer, and going to be 59 years soon, not only it was becoming stressful for me but also unaffordable to pay litigation Fees.

To buy peace I agreed for settlement. It was finally agreed to go in for Divorce with Mutual Consent and Settlement by both parties.

As per the last Order, the wife has been granted one of the two Flats owned by me and fairly good amount of money in lump sum in full and final settlement of all the claims (Past, Present and Future) of the Petitioner/Wife. Also to withdraw all complaints filed anywhere.

My questions are:-

1.   Now in draft settlement MOU submitted by her she is claiming to take away all valuable items from our existing place of residence. She has already taken away all jewellery from Locker, home and her Streedhan. She is also wanting to take costly items of Furniture, decorative items, Electronics, TV etc. All these items have been purchased by me, but who keeps the receipts. She never contributed anything towards the property or any household items at home. How do I handle this situation.

2.   Since she has all the time been claiming that both sons are with her all through and also made them file affidavits inner support, now she is manipulating the younger son, who has to complete his higher studies, to stay back with me.

3.   She is being very crafty and all through been taking advantage of the provisions favouring women.

I feel cheated at this age and find myself helpless to tackle with this lady. 

LEARNED FRIENDS, PLEASE ADVISE AT THE EARLIEST.

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

When people of your age can behave like this, what can be said about youngsters?  Shame on you.  You reconcile with wife.  That will solve all the matters.

Born Fighter (xxx)     12 March 2015

You could not gain trust of any of your sons who are majors. Willingness of one son to stay with you is considering as a crooked plan by your wife, only proves you have no affinity for your children and vice versa.

You better give her whatever she demands and also don't keep custody of the other child, i think the child deserves a better life and this way you will be at peace !!

Saurav (Engineer)     12 March 2015

Aged person but no wisdom.

Develop LOVE sir.  Just consider this........A woman is giving you divorce AFTER the age of 50 just imagine.....why she would have thought about this desperate step?.......Surely after the age of 50 she is no more interested in any more affairs.

SuperHero (Manager)     12 March 2015

@noname_123 - 

Already MCD is settled. Now the author is talking about Streedhan, furniture.

@OP - 

I am sorry for what you are going through? 

What is she going to gain by divorce at this age - Money and furniture?

There might be some rant, resentment and bottling up for a long time and it bursted out into a divorce.

If possible reconcile. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register