LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anilkumar yadav (student)     15 August 2011

Neighbours nuisance


  I stay in Delhi with my elder sister, our parents died two years back.Our house is road facing and house entry is from stairs to first floor and other side is open gali.

now my problem is that aside the stairs there is a juice shop and after 6pm local people and other people starts drinking  at his shop and park their vehicles in front of my entrance and after drinking they pee under my stairs and when we caught them doing this and scolds for it they are always ready to fight and also denies to move thier vehicles from our way.We have a no. of times called on no. 100 for police assistance but it works only for 1 or 2 days after that the same routine starts again. Even the area beat officer when seeing them drinking, ignores them.

Sir I am a student of graduation  and my elder sister is doing a job and we are tired of this everyday nuisance. I wanted to know what can we do about this problem.


Thanks in advance for your advice or legal actions I can take to control this situation.


 4 Replies

akash kapoor (*************)     15 August 2011


these people are doing an offense under section 278 and section 269 of indian penal code by urinating in that place.

they are also doing an offence under section 339 ifthey are restraining your path.

Alok Tholiya (self employed)     16 August 2011

There r alaaways mini mafias in every family, neighbourhood, groups, samaj etc .  Best is to ignore but u have to then collect video evidence, photos etc . Then create awareness in ur favour and let near by people know abt haeeassment to u.

Think of other options. Actually there shud be mohalla panchayats as u cant expect harrassment free cheap remedy from police and courts.

Adv. Sanjay (Lawyer)     16 August 2011

The best way to control this is take some photographs as proof about all these activities and give a complaint to the Corporation Office regarding this public nuisance in your area by taking the general public that is your other neighbours signature and the copy of the same should be issued to the District Commissioner and to Superintendent of Police. 

Hasmukh (executive Account)     24 April 2012

What will do if other neighbors signature not receive, but all are talking about nuisance of neighbors, but no one ready to sign on general circular.

one alone what will do............ common men having several common problems, who will listen. ???????

We are newly shifted to our own flat at top floor after renovating completely, also renovated top terrace - as common terrace, due to 28 years old, leakage of rain and temperature, we fitted white tiles and repair completely, no one has share expenses of flat members.

now A lady residing below our flat, get benefit of new terrace, and put PVC Water Tank and connect with water, we object to remove it, its damage terrace and may risky to our flat, because oldest concert structure break due to water storage,

but she not agree, flat members meeting - most of said to remove above tank as already a common tank is available with sufficient water and water storage to your flat inside itself.

but her "DADAGIRI" not to remove, as she residing since 25 years, so do as she wants.

we sent a legal notice, no change, we sent a Housing Board Notice, she cuts line but not remove completely, and daily to daily nuisance creating, harassing, and saying - we are doing wrong, taking Legal Act on hand - and false saying our water connection is wrong, change it else she will not remove tank.

Please help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register