LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Venkat   03 August 2017

Neighbours kitchen exhaust vent near our entrance

My neighbor has put a chimney in his kitchen, but the exhaust pipe is near to our entry staircase. This creates issue when we are climbing up our stairs due to the blowing hot air or any odor it creates. Generally they keep it running majority of the day. The exhaust is 6" diameter whereas normally 4" is used in the residential kitchen. The entrance to our first floor apartment is just a few feet away. We have kids and elders who might be affected due to this kitchen exhaust. All the talk to the neighbors in vain. Under which rule / law we can proceed and to which authority can we complain. I live in Bangalore. Should we complain to Police authorities or pollution board.


 2 Replies

Jitendra Ahuja (Lawyer)     03 August 2017

yes u should complain to police and municipal authorities . u may also send a notice for restraining the use of chimney. if you and the opponent are members of same society do complain to them too

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 August 2017

1st try amicably

Then approach society

Then you can always approach police and your counsel...........


Your counsel shall handle the matter for you..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register