LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chitra (Supervisor)     20 February 2011

Neighbour threatening to file a complaint due to ventilation


I constructed a home at first floor of my individual house in chennai on November 2008(construction is over) . I got the CMDA approval for first floor for the construction but i didn't construct it as per the plan. My front elivation is touching my neighbour house. My neighbour is planning to construct a home in his first floor and she feels that she is going to have ventilation problem for the house which she is planning to construct. Now she is threanting me that she is going to file a case against me. Though she has a option to construct the house in such a way she don't get ventilation problem but still she want to file a case on me which could be due to jealousy or to pull some money out of me. Can she pull to court or create any issue due to this issue. Kindly Advice.


 3 Replies

Uma parameswaran (lawyer)     20 February 2011

If the construction is as per sanction ,then no problem .

Deekshitulu.V.S.R (B.Sc, B.L)     12 March 2011

As u said there is deviation in your construction. Then she has the upper hand. Try for a compromise


if your house as per the norms after making the changes by you then the lady can not initiate the proceedings against you. if your house is not as per the norms then the local municipal committee if your have not obtained the completion certificate also initiate the proceedings against you. if also not according to the norm than also case can be initiated against you under easement rights

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register