Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Appu (None)     13 February 2011

Neighbour's trees damaging my property

Dear Experts,

My neighbour  has planted trees a week ago: Chikku, fig, gooseberry, guava, sweet-lime, lemon, pomagranate & some more saplings with just 6 inches clearance all along  the boundary  between our property. My  house-wall is only 2 feet from this boundary. He has planted these trees ( in my absence) 8 ft from his wall but 2.5 ft from my wall.  I am afraid that these trees are going to affect my house foundation & walls in future besides obstructing my pathway & daylight through windows. I have requested the owner to remove/relocate these saplings. He is reluctant & says that he can plant anywhere in his property. Is there any law in Karnataka, India that allows property owners to legally enforce neighbours to remove the saplings that cause damage ? I know very well that Chikku, fig & gooseberry tree roots  are definitely going to affect my foundation. The lime bushes are going to obstruct my pathway. Most of these trees & shrubs are going to touch my walls & windows in future. I am trying my best to talk amicably to the neighbour & make him remove them. If he does not, what is the procedure by which the trees can be relocated to protect my property. Please advise.

Thanks

Learning

1 Replies

Ahsan Panjwaani (last year)     14 February 2011

i believe u can file for injunction

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register