Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumaran GP (None)     16 August 2013

Neighbour`s tree obstructing construction . please advise .

We are constructing a building in a plot that we own.. Neighbour`s coconut tree has bent so much that it obstructs construction in our plot (the crown of that tree is in the space that we want to construct sunshades).As shown in the images, the tree has swayed and even moved the compound for a feet. i asked them to remove the tree so that  we could proceed with the construction. (Cutting just the branches was out of question as it wud kill the tree eventually)They rejected our plea. Pls advise what i can do further..

Learning

2 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     17 August 2013

u convince them and try to solve your problem peacefully in a friendly manner.

vp (NA)     04 September 2013

Dear Kumaran,

I am a technocrat.  I feel that if neighbor is not ready to cut the tree, then you should convenience him/her to get the tree bend back towards their land by means of some rope. They can tie up it with some solid support for few months. If they are not ready to do so, you can give pushing support to the tree in opposite direction for few months so that it do not obstruct your construction.

Meanwhile you can complete your work.

After that, the tree even if it tries to come to original position, it will not be possible because your sunshade (as per photographs) will be of RCC. In this,  interest of both will be maintained.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register