LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Puja Shah   21 May 2021

Neighbour harrassment

We have 1+1 house in chawl. We have planned to shift our kitchen and living on first floor and divide the ground floor section in three equal parts so that we can rent the same. But for that we will have to give doors and windows to all the rooms. For two rooms it is fine but for the third room same will come in passage which is the only way for in-out for our other two neighbours. And one of the neighbour is claiming the ownership of the passage.  I m damn sure that they will create a problem during construction. There are 5 family members in the house and all of them come for quarrelling specially the females of the house so that their case becomes strong. Can anyone please provide any solution for this problem. Or any precautions I need to take before starting my work.

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     22 May 2021

Settle the matter amicably as convenient to all of you.

Otherwise, it is better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for analyses of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

Puja Shah   22 May 2021

Thank you so much Sir for your valuable reply.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 May 2021

You may not be able to find a legal solution to this until and unless there is a quarrel or somebody approaches court with a suit for injunction to restrain you from using the common passage for your own purpose.

Hence you may go ahead with the proposed construction, if at ll they are creating any problem, you can  lodge a complaint with the local police about their illegal  and atrocious activity against you. 

Puja Shah   23 May 2021

Thank you sir for the revert.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register