LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sachin   24 August 2022

Neighbour harrasment

Hello All respected,

My mother is a senior citizen and lives in a small town of up. From past 1 month a neighbour is unnecessarily harrasing her. He is around 30 years of age and comes to our house when my mother is inside the house doing something. He has taken few things from our house. We dont have any proof as such of his robbery. My mother has went to the local police station many times telling about his theft but the local duty officer is telling her that such small things (like bank pass book etc) nobody wont steal. The neighbour was called at the police station but as we dont have any proof complaint is not lodged.

Basically that neighbour has influenced other neighbours as well that the lady (my mother) is mentally ill and she does not hold a good character and she should not live in the society. That neighbour has called me several times on my mobile to come down at my house and to take my mother from there as she is mentally ill. I have got calls from police station as well to take my mother from there, infact the police officer is pressuring me to take my mother from there. 

My mother is a senior citizen and she does not want to leave that house since that is our ancestral property. 

My query is:

1. Can I send any notice to that neighbour, or can I file any complaint against him.  

2. Can police file any complaint against me or can they pressure me more to come down at the police station. 

What all legal remedies I can opt for. 

Thank you. 



 2 Replies

anubhav Bhatt   24 August 2022

Dear Client quite complicated case if you will take your mother due to society pressures then it's might be possible they will grab your property by way of illegal possession of not then they will file a case against your mother so better you should first file criminal case against them and for more clarification you may contact us then I'll elaborate properly about your case .
Advocate Anurag Bhatt
Allahabad High Court
Mobile 9198889990.

sachin   24 August 2022

Thank you Mr. Anubhav for your advice. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query