Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

italiano77 (owner)     02 December 2010

Negotiable Instruments Act 138

i have be attending proceedings regularly in cheque bounce case, i have to aplly for reissue of passport, will i be issued a renewed passport?


 5 Replies

Adv B.B.Gambhir #9814820602 (advocate)     02 December 2010

yes you can get renewed your passport that is not barred.

DEEPAK ASSOCIATES (08010117611)     02 December 2010

it is your right to get it renewed

Y ARAVIND (ADVOCATE)     05 December 2010

File petition to handover your passport if it is in the custody of the Court.  If not there are prohibitory order against renewal of passport.  you ar at liberty to renew.   

Sunil Kumar (Others)     06 December 2010

I have received a cheque for the extra paid amount for my flat from my builder, I have deposited that cheque in bank and it got bounced I told him orally that cheque got bounced. I requested him to pay back my money so many times he is just ignoring me any saying that I will pay after sometime. He is just passing time now it comes to one and half year still he is not paying back my money.
I want to take legal against him now. I have deposited that cheque a month back if I represent that cheque and gets bounced again I can file a cheque dishonor case against him right?
And one more problem is I took semi-finished flat and they promised me that they will maintain a good quality in construction of flat but they did not maintained any quality in construction or amenities as said. After one month itself my flat walls got damage due to their ignorance in work. Can we take any action against them on this also?


ashish lal (Advocacy)     07 December 2010



For instituting a complaint u/s 138 NI you are required to send a demand notice within 30 days of intimation of dishonoring of the cheque.

You can also institute civil recovery suit for recovering your money under Order 37 Civil Procedure Code

If you are unsatisfied with the flat then you could file a consumer complaint against the builder

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query