LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

g isaac (Lawyer)     22 June 2024

Negotiable instrument act

A govt servant after retirement gives money of Re.14 lakhs to his friend for monthly interest at 2018. The borrower gave an interest money of 2.05,000/- (two lakhs five thousand only) and did not repay the principal amount till 2023.. Further the borrower gave a cheque  of 6 lakhs which was dishonored by the bank very recently., What are the legal remedies available for the Retd.Govt servant to get back the principal amount.? 


 4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 June 2024

The law is common for all. 

The person who had lent the money can initiate legal action for cheque bounce case against the borrower. 


P. Venu (Advocate)     28 June 2024

Before filing a complaint under Negotiable Instrument Act, it is mandatory that a Notice as specified under Section 138 be issued.

g isaac (Lawyer)     01 July 2024

thank you sir

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 July 2024

You are welcome sir for your understanding

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register