Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pankaj (Any)     06 August 2013

Negligence case

Dear Expert,

My relative, an engineer got accident during working in a comapny in odisha. He passed away during treatment. Can I file a negligience case against company from my native or other state. My state is not same where accident occured.

Can you kindly suggest me?


 4 Replies

HIRAL THAKKAR (ADVOCATE )     06 August 2013

R u in blood relation or legal representation?


Once you say accident you are contradicting by saying negligence. You can to file case for compensation under employees compensation act

Pankaj (Any)     06 August 2013

Thanks for your reply sir,

I am blood relationship with deceased. I want to file a case of negligience other than employees compensation act. Is it possible?


Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     06 August 2013

Everything depends on how the accident happened and what is the negligence on the part of employer... Contact local Advocate with all details and take his guidance... 

2BHelpfull (Other)     08 August 2013

the employer will charged with legal responsibility for the negligence of the employee because the employee is held to be an agent of the employer.


If a negligent act is committed by an employee acting within the general scope of  employment, the employer will be held liable for damages caused to employee during the working hours .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query