25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rahul (student)     19 August 2010

needed urgent advice regarding divorce

I have filed a mutual divorce petition and me and my wife have given our witnesses in front of the judge that we dont want to live together and the articles of dowry have been returned to my wife's family, now the judge has given us a date of six months after which the divorce will be given to both of us. My lawyer says that this period of six months can be reduced into two months if the same case is taken to the lok adalat of the same judge. Is this possible?? Can the period of six months be reduced by any means???? please advice!!!!


 1 Replies

CommonMann (Software Professional)     20 August 2010

Hey Rahul,

Even I filed Mutual consent divorce 4 months back and now 2 months are remaining. Even I contacted few lawyres for the same query but everyone ask me to pay them first, then only they can guide reagrding the early divorce. But it seems there is no possible way that I heard about reagrding early divorce if filed mutually.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query