Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Tiwari   25 December 2022

needed a divorce without giving maintenance.

how we can avoid giving maintenance to wife as she was in her home for 8 months and my home for 4 months total in one year of marriage...
I don't feel anything for her as there is no respect and trust between us.??
Also she accused me falsely of hitting her to her father..

Learning

8 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     25 December 2022

It is the minimum duty of a husband to look after her wife.  So you shall pay the maintenance as per court orders.  You can pray to the court to reduce maintenance as per your earnings.

Amit Tiwari   25 December 2022

but after divorce I will not be her husband then y maintenance and if she doesn't want to live with me then why to give maintenance and for what?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 December 2022

still you have to pay.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     26 December 2022

The sessions court cited a Supreme Court ruling which said that even if the wife is earning, she is entitled for the determination of maintenance. "Therefore, the submission of arguments from the side of the husband that his wife is an earning woman and she is not entitled to maintenance goes out," the supreme court said.

Amit Tiwari   26 December 2022

I needed a solution that how it is possible to give divorce without maintenance.. if it will be mutual divorce then what are possibilities???

sahithi reddy   28 December 2022

If any of the following grounds apply to your case, you can utilise them to avoid or decrease maintenance.

Husbands can reduce wife maintenance in a variety of ways:

• If the wife is left alone with the husband.

• Produce proof that the wife is financially secure.

• The husband must demonstrate his liabilities.

• Mediation and bargaining

In the manner described above, the husband can lessen the wife's maintenance.

The following are the grounds for not paying wife maintenance: Wife living in adultery

• Wife living apart for no apparent reason.

• Wife with professional qualifications-capable of earning 

• Separated by mutual agreement

Earning spouse

The aforementioned are the primary reasons for not paying maintenance to the wife.

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 December 2022

Paying maintenance is the law; it could be avoided only in excptional cases. The facts posted do not suggest any such exceptional situation or ground.

Anubhav Tyagi   29 December 2022

You need a strong legal strategy for your matrimonial dispute so that you do not pay any maintenance to your wife, or even if any amount is to be paid, that is delayed.

Check out my video on 498A ki FIR hojae toh kya karna chahiye?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register