LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohin (Operations )     17 November 2009

need your help!

I need your advice and direction as I am not able to get a straight answer until now.
I am an Indian citizen wanted married to a foreigner under Special Marriage Act.1954.For this they require your age proof, (Passport, Birth Certificate) your address proof ( Passport, Ration Card, Voters Identity card) and Martial status from my side. From her side the required docs were
The proof of age, residence & marital status are the only requirement. As far marital status the Passport of the parties show this fact as unmarried/divorcee/widow/widower & in case of a foreigner a simple letter issued from the Embassy of the foreigner regarding his or her marital status is considered sufficient under these two Acts.
but she cannot have Noc but she can obtain her status letter from the local marriage office there in Hungary will it be sufficiant for us to get married in india... and plz do leave your nr to contact .. thanks you... I live in delhi..

Learning

6 Replies

Meenakshi (Lawyer)     17 November 2009

Yes that should do the needful or otherwise there is embassy of Hungary in 2/50-M, Niti Marg, Chanakyapuri New Delhi - 110021 you can contact them on 

A V Vishal (Advocate)     17 November 2009

Rohin

In the first place you cannot marry under the Special Marriages Act to a foreigner.

You need to comply the provisions under The Foreign Marriage Act, 1969 in order to get married, rest the information supplied by Ms Meenakshi will help you.

We went but thy provide nothing like that.. i mean nothing like status and noc kinda paper ....witout that will it be possible for us to get our marriage enrolled under that act...for her martial status we alredy have that stating tht she can shes single from the central office of Hungary...will it be ok?

thaks for you post

Special Marriage Act, 1954 which has been specially made for solving all these legal impediments one may face in future is avoided by most of the people because a month's notice prior to the marriage is mandatory required, with people not understanding the great significance in all this & the legal acceptability of the Marriage Certificate issued by the Marriage Officer under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. lady who is not a Hindu by religion according to Hindu form of marriage, which will not be legally applicable on her.

https://www.commonlii.org/in/legis/num_act/fma1969152/

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     17 November 2009

Special marrige act is applicable on both but on the Indian Nationality.
Therefore foreign marriage act is applicable.
Regards
adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register