LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul (Owner)     06 May 2013

Need urgent suggestion on sister

My sisters is a home maker & married for 3 years to a working engineer getting threatened by her husband and her in-laws. She gave birth to a baby boy 10 days back. Husband and his father and mother are threatening us to leave my sister & asking us to take her back immideately. They have wrong intentions of  acquiring the baby and want to separate hiimself with my sister.

2 years back my sister had lost a baby girl which got delivered prematured. After that she underwent some trauma of loosing the kid. This was quite natural for a mother who looses her 1st child. For which we treated her in trauma center of NIMHANS. She was treated with necessary marriage counselling & not through any drugs. They even reported that it was not a mental sickness in any way & On that ground her husband is telling that we deceived him by marrying my sister to him. According to him, we are well aware that she has been suffering of some mental disorder before the marriage itself. They are also trying to prove her mentally unstable and are mentally harrasing her. Even they threatened my father of harrassing her phisically.

Respected folks please suggest us on priority on what can be done.

Awaiting for your kind suggestion.

Learning

13 Replies

ragz hyder (PM)     07 May 2013

The bottomline is you need to know where things stand. You mentioned the mental issues obvisouly becasue she is giving mental trauma to her husband and in-laws. The question is whether you folks were aware and cheated them or it was truly due to lost child.

Laws are totally towards your side. there is enough ammunition to totally destroy and annihilate your brother-in-laws family and get a footing in their house. 

You cannot force your brother in law to continue to stay with your sister. once the ammunition like 498A, Domestic violence are fended off you will get maintenance for your sister and her child.

If you are looking for legal recourse you are ready to part ways.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     07 May 2013

first try to resolve through discussion with the husband side.

dont initiate any legal proceedings before that.

the problem seems personal, medical, cureable & can be resolved through mediation.

find out the root cause for the dis-satisfaction of the husband's side.

@ ragz hyder, 

what grounds did you point in the brief of the author so as to discuss 498a / DV ??

its just a Miya-Biwi conflict.

I am not recommending. I am an equal victim here. But thats the eventual course this "brother" would take and any inhuman lawyer would suggest.

Even courts are entertaining 498A on grounds of not picking call from wife, mental torture. The system is rigged and corrupt to the core.

I suggest the husband write a will and commit suicide. The choice for him now lies in

1. continuing life with a deranged woman who by own brothers confession is harrassing in-laws. This is like a knife hanging on him since God alone know when the woman will feel scorned and insulted.

2. Not continuing life with her but putting parents life and mental well being at risk

3.Apply for divorce and face and fight all consequences. This will take decades if wife is not willing. 

God bless all

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" - Shakespeare

"But today Hell hat no fury like a woman who FEELS scorned"

Originally posted by : ragz hyder

I am not recommending. I am an equal victim here. But thats the eventual course this "brother" would take and any inhuman lawyer would suggest.

Even courts are entertaining 498A on grounds of not picking call from wife, mental torture. The system is rigged and corrupt to the core.

I suggest the husband write a will and commit suicide. The choice for him now lies in

1. continuing life with a deranged woman who by own brothers confession is harrassing in-laws. This is like a knife hanging on him since God alone know when the woman will feel scorned and insulted.

2. Not continuing life with her but putting parents life and mental well being at risk

3.Apply for divorce and face and fight all consequences. This will take decades if wife is not willing. 

God bless all

Dude, 

when u, urself, are a victim ...

but u didnt choose the path highlighted above ...

u have chosen to fight back ...

then encourage others ...

be optimistic ... empower the victims emotionally, mentally, technically to fight back !!

@ the author, 

in no way the in laws can snatch the 10 days baby from his mother.

so this should not be your concern.

try to resolve the problem rather than aggravating the same.

You are right Amit.

Thanks

1 Like

ragz hyder, 

dekh lena ...

one day ... very soon ... u will post the news of ur victory at this same place.

1 Like

Thanks dude.

Ranee....... (NA)     07 May 2013

@Rahul, 

legally no body can snatch away your sister's baby  from her at this age.So no need to worry.Right now your sister needs love,  care and support from  family.If the condition is like you have narrated in her matrimonial home then bring your sister with the baby to your place for at least 3 months and help her to regain her health .After 3/4 months send her back to her husband's place.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Rahul

My sisters is a home maker & married for 3 years to a working engineer getting threatened by her husband and her in-laws. She gave birth to a baby boy 10 days back. Husband and his father and mother are threatening us to leave my sister & asking us to take her back immideately. They have wrong intentions of  acquiring the baby and want to separate hiimself with my sister.

2 years back my sister had lost a baby girl which got delivered prematured. After that she underwent some trauma of loosing the kid. This was quite natural for a mother who looses her 1st child. For which we treated her in trauma center of NIMHANS. She was treated with necessary marriage counselling & not through any drugs. They even reported that it was not a mental sickness in any way & On that ground her husband is telling that we deceived him by marrying my sister to him. According to him, we are well aware that she has been suffering of some mental disorder before the marriage itself. They are also trying to prove her mentally unstable and are mentally harrasing her. Even they threatened my father of harrassing her phisically.

Respected folks please suggest us on priority on what can be done.

Awaiting for your kind suggestion.

By experience I am saying there is something more to this than what you are trying to show us here.

Either your BIL and his family members were in NIMHANS to behave like that, or there is something which you are hiding about your sister.

Look, legal options are many, but they will eventually help in destroying the last brick available.

Go legal ---> Destruction gauranteed.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 June 2013

why actually they want to leave her.  You have not come to the point so I withold my advise

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register